Ticket Endowment Program: 22 area outreach organizations receive 20 free tickets to each production of ADT's public performances each season.
Girl Scout Badge Program: Approximately 50 Girl Scouts are invited to a dress rehearsal and seminar on careers in dance and the theatre. As part of the program, they are given reduced priced tickets to attend a full performance the following weekend where they are able to meet dancers behind the scenes and compare the public performance with the rehearsal. At the end, they are rewarded with a badge from their leaders that the National GSA designed just for Alabama Dance Theatre.
Scholarships: Full and partial scholarships are provided in 21 classes in ballet, jazz, modern and tap. These are awarded based on need and talent.
School Performances: Approximately 3,000 local school children attend special ADT School Performances each year, paying 1/4 of the normal ticket price. Approximately 1,000 more (primarily Title 1), attend completely free of charge.All participating teachers are provided with a supplementary teacher booklet based on the Alabama Course of Study that meets the states requirements for Arts and Humanities in the curriculum, as well as the College and Career Readiness Standards. The booklet prepares their students for the experience. Attending students are treated to a special intermission chat with ADT Artistic Director, Kitty Seale and given the opportunity to learn more about what it takes to create a ballet production.
Partner in Education: ADT also visits schools around the River Region, based on need to make small presentations with dancers and educational materials.
Military and First Responders Appreciation Night: A full FREE performance offered to all Military Personnel and their families. A pre-performance party is held to host Military VIP’s and our Sponsors as a way to say “Thank you” for their commitment to our country. This performance has grown in the 10 years that we have been doing it and has become quite a tradition among Military Personnel and local MGM Partners.
Other points of interest
- ADT is centrally located in our city and serves a nice cross section of our population.
- ADT's school has an enrollment of over 300, approximately 20% of which is non-Caucasian.
- ADT has been an Honor Company in SERBA (Southeastern Regional Ballet Association) since 1992.
- ADT has been an Advanced Arts Organization with the Alabama State Council on the Arts since 2000.
- ADT company members receive 15-20 offers of scholarships to ballet companies across the country for summer study each year.
- ADT has trained and is employing 4 Resident Choreographers who have received regional, national and even international recognition for their work.
- In 2009, 2011, and 2014, ADT hosted the SERBA (Southeastern Regional Ballet Association) Festival (5 days) in Montgomery, AL, bringing over 1,000 dancers, teachers and vendors to our city. ADT will host this festival again in 2018.
*In May 2013, ADT Artistic Director Kitty Seale was honored with a Governor’s Arts Award for the State of Alabama
Ticket Endowment Program Groups:
Archibald Center Autism Spectrum Counseling Center Boys and Girls Clubs Brantwood Children’s Home Canaan Land Boys Home Cleveland Avenue YMCA Family Coaches Program Family Guidance Center Family Service & Resource Program Family Sunshine Center Father Walter Memorial Center International Women’s Association Jefferson Davis Apartments Mary Ellen’s Hearth Montgomery Job Corps Center Montgomery Therapeutic Rec. Center Resurrection Catholic Mission Safe Haven Girls Club Salvation Army We Mentor Wounded Warrior Family Foundation
Mon. & Thurs. 1 - 7:00 pm. Call 625-2590 to leave a message